06 December 2006

Quick update.

I'm slowly getting settled in Lusaka, though my to do list is getting out of control because I am ignorant to how long some things take... I spent five hours trying to open a bank account this morning (note: trying). Once I start going into the office, I'll be posting more regularly; until then, excuse my haphazard and grammatically bad posts. Pictures coming soon... I don't have the patience to wait for them to upload right now.

A few updates:
Moved into my flat (will post soon about how it is way too posh)
Attended International Volunteer Day event held by the UN (many opinions on this)
Had a good first meeting with my employer and the board members. Somewhat unnerving to have someone say that they've been awaiting your arrival for months.
Going to buy a mobile today... apparently texting even internationally is ridiculously cheap... guess I will be jumping on that bandwagon

If anyone is up for letter writing, please send me your mailing address. I've already made friends with the stationary man down the street.

No comments: