02 December 2006

Notes in transit.

Way to go Air Canada for showing Beat the Drum, a South African movie on the community affect of HIV/AIDS. Its characters have “Crash” like connections, making a point on demonstrating who can use their voice to increase HIV awareness. It is a beautiful movie that deserves mention.
//
To London. Spent three of a seven hour flight discussing riveting boy/girl relationship game theory with travelling buddy, B. It was amusing having him try to deduce my pattern of relationships. I’m not sure if I really want to know how not well I play the game. Everyone needs a good travelling companion: someone who will eat all unwanted food, ask wildly inappropriate questions to generate good conversation, but will stop talking when you want to sleep.
//
Grr… British Airways. Why could you not check my luggage all the way through? (Update: in the end, this turned out in my favour as B’s luggage didn’t arrive).
//
Tate Modern. Fascinating slide exhibit. Good question: why do we not use slides? They really are an effective mode of transportation, along with being wickedly fun and cool. Carsten Höller calls it, “a device for experiencing an emotional state that is a unique condition somewhere between delight and madness.” Sounds good to me.
//
To Lusaka. Made my first Zambia friend, a very fashionable woman. She was returning from vacationing in the US… had someone in Ohio ask her, “Which state is Zambia in?” Hah! Even before the plane took off she had my life story and made plans to get together in Lusaka. I will definitely take her up on shopping.

No comments: