15 December 2006

Around town.

Lusaka is not a very pedestrian friendly city. My way too posh house is located further from town than I would like. If minibuses were not so aggressive, I would think about getting a bicycle. I think it would be hilarious enter a roundabout (traffic circle) on a bike. I have in fact walked almost entirely around one before I realised it would have been much faster and more logical to walk the opposite direction. Roundabouts, however, make getting to know a city more challenging. Fortunate for me, the people who used to live in the house before me took taxis quite often, so a lot of drivers know the house well; all I have to say is take me to Bob and Mary’s house. Until a few days ago, I did not even know my exact address. I don’t think I stand out that much, but I have a feeling a lot more people know me than I know them.

Sorry this is a very boring post. Work has kept me busy with meetings and school visits. I will try to write more about what I’m doing once I figure that out. The transition to work and life here has been really smooth. I keep thinking there has to be more to it, but I couldn't ask for a better first few weeks.

No comments: