31 May 2007

Updates

The last few weeks...

I think I had a parasite… a few days of not nice diarrhoea. I am done with trying to diagnose myself using my traveller health book. Giardia? Bilharzia? Who knows.
 

After one night of fever, sweating, and chill, I thought I had malaria. Thank goodness I don't. Although still not sure about the whole parasite situation.

Africa Freedom Day long weekend - ran away to an island in the Zambezi river. Just me and a few friends in our huts/tents relaxing with books and beers. Contemplated hunting the hippo that kept us awake at night, but getting chomped by a hippo not so appealing.

Back to civilization… and work. Plugging away at my manual to help school communities mobilize past planning. I'm compiling a bunch of already existing material for my organisation and hopefully making a summarized activity based programme for communities. Every time people attend workshops, I see them come away with manuals, which no one actually uses. So, I'm not wasting my time on a manual, but fun diagrams and activities… or so I think. Makes me think of summer camp.

No comments: